As regular CFZ-watchers will know, for some time Corinna has been doing a column for Animals & Men and a regular segment on On The Track... particularly about out-of-place birds and rare vagrants. There seem to be more and more bird stories from all over the world hitting the news these days so, to make room for them all - and to give them all equal and worthy coverage - she has set up this new blog to cover all things feathery and Fortean.

Friday 14 February 2014

Exotic bird breeder scoops every prize at national event

by Claire French

Published on the23 January 
2014 
16:00

ENTHUSIAST Terry Sayers has been breeding exotic birds since he was 11 years old.

And with more than 60 years of expertise under his belt, the 74-year-old has won a number of accolades for his prized pets over the years.

But Terry says his achievement of scooping all of the rosettes at the Welsh National Exhibition of Show Birds is one of the best so far.

‘When I was nine years old, I got my first bird,’ said Terry.

‘My first was a lovebird and then a budgerigar.

‘My mum brought me up on her own so I have built this up on my own.’

The former vehicle engineer joined his first caged bird society as a child in Cobham, Surrey, where he grew up.

From there, he became more and more interested in the hobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment